Sunday 21 December 2014

Geocacher On Fire


A truly multi-cultural show, with input from a Canadian, Australian, American and an Englishman. We find out what a wormhole geocache is, review the Windows phone Geocaching Live app and hear about a Geocaching story involving firemen.

Contact the show:

www.ohbeep.com/contact

or

feedback@ohbeep.com

Last Week..

GC4CER3 RCR2+FW#01 - The Track to Belton by Team-Triplet

GC4B83Z Shepshed mini 4 cache series Number 2 of 4 by Shazzo

Feedback..

From Dave DeBaeremaeker

Hey folks

So I have an idea which may be fun (tho it may also be horrible and
terrible in many unspeakable ways).  Have you heard of travel bug
wormhole caches?  If you haven't, they are basically caches where
folks can drop off TBs, and the CO mails them to another CO, who
releases them into caches nearby.  Example is this cache in NC where
the TBs get sent to New York: GC3PGFC

What do you gents think about us placing a pair of wormhole caches -
one somewhere in the UK (close to either Mark or Colin, (depending on
which one of you wants to participate), and I can place one here in
North Carolina.  Any TBs placed into those caches would get mailed to
the CO of the other endpoint, and released into the wild.

The one downside is that international postage isn't super cheap, but
the upside is that it could be a lot of fun.

What are your thoughts?

Cheers

From Yorkshire Yellow

Dr D,

As far as I understand it, the term 'soccer' was in fact originally an English one and comes from the letters 'SOC' in word Association in the term 'Association Football'.

Regards,

Yorkshire Yellow

Nemesis Geocaches..

From Redbeard4570..

I have had added two more caches to my NEMISIS CACHE list. Both are in Newton, KS, USA. GC469JG bike path bridge and *******. Both are just plain evil. I posted a DNF on one and a cacher who has found it took pity on me and gave me a very helpful clue. So hopefully next chance I get to try for them again I will succeed! Cache on!

Dumb Stuff Geocachers Do..

GC4N2XB SB9K: Got Coords? (Final) by shortyknits...This involves two legendary Chicago geocachers.

Ask Doctor D..

What is Geocaching, using a Windows phone, like?

Geocaching Live CompassGeocaching Live Cache Log

GGH Tips..

NFC enabled phones - GGH 055: NFC I

I'm writing to provide some insight on the GeoGearHeads Tip segment naming.  As flattered as I am to have the segment called something like "DarrylW4's Tingling Tips" they have been written so far by debaere and your co-host, plus I'm hoping to get The Bad Cop to record a few himself.  Therefore I would suggest a "GeoGearHead" name would be best.  Perhaps something more fitting to your not insignificant vocal skills would be best, but I don't know what that might be.  Perhaps the "Geocacher Tips of Luv from the GeoGearHeads?"  Or "GeoGearHeads' International Tips of Mystery?"  "Late Night Tricks from GeoGearHeads?"

Travelbug Race..

Our Oh Beep! Where are my other legs? is now in Australia. Tracking History (11809.7mi).  Last known location, in the hands of Gatherer Hade who visited GC5HDD5 Only the Beginning by dinkyfish

The Monkey King’s Southern S@m has gone missing, again. Last seen GC1JAJK Der Römer by Aga & Deti.

G'day Guys,
Just finished listening to the latest show "Dude, where's my car?" and had a good laugh as usual.
I hope for Sam's sake that the OhBeep travel bug beats mine, because payback will be heading his way if mine wins - the amount of times he keeps saying your TB has won and celebrating before either of us has one will make karma fun.
Yes, my travel bug has changed hands, as I think the previous cacher to have SouthernS@m thought it was for them to keep, especially when I read the log made by Talitakumi: "My first Trackables und than so a nice, beautiful, intelligent, fascinating, enchanting young man :-))) Harry Potter!!!!"
As Talitakumi has only found 8 caches, this made my alarm bells go off, so I found the FAQ on Travel bugs on the geocaching.com web site, changed the language to German and sent that person a link. This prompted a quick change of hands, but still no closer to the UK.  But at least it is still moving.
I don't think I made  any goals for 2014 to review, but I am hoping to make something really interesting in the way of a hide and try to find a cache in another State of Australia for my 2015 goals.
cheers,
The Monkey King
ps - I wonder if the GCDoc was confusing parts of Australia with the UK, as we say "Bob's your uncle" a lot here, whereas I can't recall ever hearing s Pom say it. Please correct me if I am wrong on that.

GeoPauls Video of the Week..

Geocaching in a old bunker.

Check more GeoPaul videos at his YouTube Channel 

 

 

 

News..

Add Adventure To Your Honeymoon, Go Geocaching (From idiva.com)

Follow up to last weeks news about a man who asked his partner to marry him, using GPS art:

Mark,

If you liked the "will you marry me?" then check out 'runningdrawing' on tumblr.

 


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment