Saturday 24 October 2015

Talking Like A Pirate Makes You Burp - OBGCP78


Contact The Show:

www.ohbeep.com/78

or

feedback@ohbeep.com

This Week..

Come Geocache hiding with us, live on Periscope

New geocaching location based game TapTag

StaticJay isn't happy with Dr D

HHH, from GSRP, does something dumb

Lucie Melen wants to know Dr D's opinion on all the **** days

Moan-A-Lot inspires us #blamemoanalot

Last Week..

Live cache hiding on Periscope.  Join us while we hide That Donkey Looks A Bit Pony GC658F7.  The audience helped us hide the cache and pick the D/T rating.  Thanks especially to Cache On Wheels for her advice from the perspective of a wheelchair user.

News..

New geo-location based game TapTag (From www.taptagit.com)

Rangers lead walks to Peak District plane wrecks and hidden 'letterboxes' (From www.grough.co.uk)

Let’s Look for Letterboxes, an exploration of the moors of Kinder Scout above Edale to seek out hidden ‘letterboxes’. Letterboxing, the forerunner of the modern pastime of geocaching, began in 1854.

Suspicious item in Grand Forks a geocaching device (From wdaz.com)

Police say no laws were broken, but encourage geocachers to tell authorities when they place questionable looking items in public places.

Feedback..

From CacheOnWheels 

I have just had my 3rd EC published

2nd was at Stair Hole, GC6487D Lulworth, in time for EC day

My 3rd at Lulworth Cove GC64WJ0 itself, previous one there was archived so out if respect I asked previous CO if he minded, he was very encouraging

Have you heard of the free online geology time course via earthcache academy?

I learned so much about the amazing geology and history of the Jurassic Coast that is on my door step.

If you would like to learn more about geology, you can also look at doing the free online Geology Time course through the Earthcache Academy like I did: earthcacheacademy.org

From Lucie Melen

Oh dear oh dear oh beep. You've insulted the wrong country! All that ranting about Italians...but Cadiz is in Spain not Italy! :D

From Damian

G'day Mates,

Just listened to the most recent pod cast, can't believe I was the only one to properly do the September EY up me Duck challenge :) I'm sure I will look awesome in an Oh Beep t-shirt (will send you my details in another email).

I will have to send you guys some audio at some point, you haven't even gotten close with the accent, just incase I don't get on to it in time do your best maybe try channeling Crocodile Dundee or Hugh Jackman?

Just to avoid confusing you further on FB I share an account with my wife (Mrs) Virginia (Mr) Damian Cranwell :)

Just in case you were wondering L is our daughter, making our caching name D&V&L.

Keep up the great work guys :)
Look forward to the next podcast,
Bye
Damian 

Audio from StaticJay

Dumb Stuff Geocachers Do..

Ignore the superior navigation skills of those around you - audio from Geo Snippits Reboot Podcast

Ask Doctor D..

From Lucie Melen 

I'll ask a question. Do you think it's a good or bad thing to have all these " **** days" like Earthcache day, sidetracked day, etc? 

GeoPauls Video Of The Week..

Geocoinfest 2015 - Lab Geocaches, Lighthouses and Lackeys, OH MY!

By Geocaching with Darick

https://youtu.be/32m5dlZliTY

#blamemoanalot

For persuading us to do the Hatley Heart Attack mega series.  We all need that one mad friend to push us beyond our limits.

GGH Tips..

It might sound simple, but it's important to remember to tie off your #kayak securely before exiting the boat to find that #geocache. You really don't want to return to find your boat has floated away. The LANMonkeys even shared their recent close call in "GGH 173: Kayaking I."

Ey Up Me Duck Challenge.. 

Find 2 caches with halloween / autumn related words in the title

Feedback from Anteus..

Howdy from Texas!

I’ve been listening to the show for at least a few months now after hearing it mentioned a few times on some of the geocaching related podcasts from here in the States. I think this Ey Up Me Duck challenge thing is some sort of contest… shoot, I don’t know, I can only understand Mark most of the time, and not a word of what Doctor D says! ;) So I think I’m submitting my entry for October! Here goes:

I found two caches with ghost in the title and actually placed one with the word ghoul in it! The first cache I found was GC64MRE, “Ghost Stories: Glow In The Dark Under The Tree” and I was actually FTF! It was about 350 feet away from the posted coordinates but the hint got me to where I needed to be. The other cache was GCB5F0, “Ghost Children” which is a virtual at a local haunted location where the ghosts of the children killed in a collision with a train are said to push cars off of the tracks. 

I also placed a cache over the weekend… an idea I sort of got from listening to Geosnippits. I 3D printed a zombie hand and had my wife paint it to look all gruesome… I then placed it outside of a cemetery where it looks to be reaching up out of the dirt with a bison tube stuck on one of its fingers. It’s GC6596A, “The Lost Cemetery of Alexander the Ghoul”.

Oh and what the heck does Ey Up Me Duck mean?! Keep up the offensiving! Oh yeah, and I too am a Doctor Who fan… well, a convert of the last year or so. Almost caught up to the 12th doctor.  

Anteaus / Jeff Arbaugh

San Antonio, TX

Audio from our morning doing the Hathern Trail, where we got one of the caches for the October Challenge.  The cache for the challenge was GC4F6JD Hathern Trail No.6: "Ghostly Encounter" by BalooCrew

Patreon Announcement

If you like what you hear and would like to support the show, we now have means by which you can.  Any support given is greatly appreciated.  Go to www.ohbeep.com/support for more information.  Thank you.

Doctor D's Facts Of The Uselessness..

 Something about brains and information.  And something else he instantly forgot.

The Obligatory Doctor Who Bit..

Doctor Who Christmas boxset with TARDIS speakers (From tvshowsondvd.com)

The War Doctor is coming to the Bg Finish audio series (From bigfinish.com)

In December 2015, the Time War will rage and only one man can save us.

John Hurt is The War Doctor!John Hurt, the world-renowned star of film and television, is returning to the role of The War Doctor, in twelve full-cast Doctor Who audio plays.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment